Before hiring a caregiver to take care of your loved ones, it is important to know a few things about the professional you choose. So, you need to ask few questions to ensure that you are choosing the right caregiver.
Here are few important topics you should inquire about before hiring a caregiver:
- What is your work experience? This is the most important question to ask the potential caregiver you are going to hire. Asking this question does not necessarily means that you should hire only ones with a ton of experienced ones for care giving. Everyone has to start somewhere and even ones with a lack of experience can perform well if given an opportunity. This is important for you to be aware of before making a final decision, though. If your loved one only needs a bit of help now, someone with less experience may do very well learning as your loved one needs more and more help.
- Do you have a driver’s license and clean driving record? This is something very important if you want the caregiver to provide transportation services. It is important for you to make sure that the professional carries a valid driving license without a lot of accidence or citations.
- How many hours a day can you stay at this particular job? If your senior requires a long-standing caregiver, it is better if you hire someone who will be there for longer period of time. Also, you must be aware of all the activities the caregiver will perform to assist your senior loved one.
- Why did you leave your previous job? This is another important question to ask while hiring a caregiver. You must know whether the caregiver is likely to adjust or not with your senior loved one.
- Do you smoke? This comes under a personal question and the caregiver may become offended. But, it is necessary to ask this, especially if your senior has inhalation or breathing problems such as Asthma and other such conditions which can be provoked by smoke.
The questioning part may be irritating, but it is really important to find the right caregiver for your senior loved one. Get in touch with Honor Care for the best home care services in Auburn, WA. For more information, feel free to call 253-655-7253.