10/6/21: California Vaccine Mandate in effect as of Nov 30th
Vaccination Requirements for California
The California Department of Public Health has recently released a new health order that impacts all Care Pros. This health orders states the following:
- All workers who provide direct care in a facility, hospice or in-home setting must be fully vaccinated by November 30th
- The order defines full vaccination as the first dose of a one-dose regimen or the second dose of a two-dose regimen
The full health order can be read here.
Our current records indicate that you are either unvaccinated or only partially vaccinated.
If you have not yet been vaccinated, please consider doing so in order to protect yourself, your family, and your clients. Getting vaccinated will also ensure that you meet the requirements of the new health order and can continue picking up shifts and working with Honor clients.
If you have been fully vaccinated, please submit your proof of vaccination as soon as possible to email@example.com or via text.
In order for us to be able to plan for any necessary staffing changes as a result of the mandate, we are establishing the following deadlines:
- October 25, 2021: proof of the first dose of your two-dose vaccination, a note stating you’ll be receiving the Johnson & Johnson one-dose vaccine prior to November 15th, or a request to be considered for a medical or religious exemption.
- November 15, 2021: proof that you have received the second dose of your two-dose vaccination or the single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
If you do not meet either of those deadlines, we may begin removing you from your client shifts in order to ensure that care is not disrupted for our clients.
You can learn more about the vaccine by searching in your Care Pro app Help Center, visiting the CDC website, or contacting firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions.
If you would like to submit a request for an accommodation from the vaccine mandate due to medical or religious reasons, please contact us at email@example.com by October 25th. We will review all requests carefully but please note that we cannot guarantee that an accommodation will be available.
Masks Still Required at All Visits
**Care Pros are still required to wear a new, disposable mask for the entirety of every visit even if you and the client are fully vaccinated.** If you need to remove your mask to eat or drink, be sure to do so in another room and wash your hands before and after putting on your mask.
Honor Covid Vaccine Incentive
Honor is highly encouraging all Care Pros to get vaccinated against COVID-19. In the US, over 77% of adults (18+) have received at least one dose of the vaccine and 67% of adults are fully vaccinated. All three approved vaccines (Janssen, Moderna & Pfizer) have been found to be effective at protecting against severe disease - more than 97% of those hospitalized with COVID are unvaccinated.
Because we know that getting vaccinated and sending in proof takes time and can be difficult with your busy schedule, we are offering incentives for your efforts, including a new incentive if you received the vaccine prior to starting at Honor. Details on the incentives are included below.
*Any health or scientific information on this page is based on publicly available guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). This information does not constitute medical advice. Honor is not a medical provider and any individual health questions should be directed to your healthcare provider. Per the CDC, the U.S. government has said it will cover the cost of vaccines for all Americans. Please visit the CDC website for additional information: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/faq
Vaccine Incentive Details All incentives guidelines are updated and effective as of August 9, 2021.
If you were fully vaccinated prior to starting at Honor Incentive amount: $25 per dose for Moderna and Pfizer or $50 for Johnson & Johnson single dose
- You must submit proof of vaccine dose(s) to Honor
- You must work a shift with Honor within 30 days of your start date
The choice of vaccine is entirely up to you. We will pay you the incentive regardless of which vaccine you choose. Vaccine proof submitted prior to August 9, 2021 is not eligible for this incentive.
If you are partially vaccinated when you start working at Honor Incentive amount:
- $25 for dose received prior to starting at Honor
- 2 hrs of paid time off and $25 bonus for the dose received while at Honor
- You must submit proof of vaccine doses to Honor
- You must work a shift with Honor within 30 days of your start date to receive incentive for first dose
- You must work a shift with Honor within 30 days of your second dose to receive incentive for that dose
This incentive only applies for vaccines that require two shots (Moderna or Pfizer). Vaccine proof submitted prior to August 9, 2021 is not eligible for this incentive.
If you received any vaccine dose while working at Honor Incentive amount: 4 hours of paid time off and a $50 bonus to become fully vaccinated
- If you get the Moderna or Pfizer vaccination we will pay you 2 hours and a $25 bonus for each dose
- If you get the Johnson & Johnson vaccination, we will pay you 4 hours and a $50 bonus for the single dose
- You must submit proof of vaccine dose(s) to Honor
- You must work a shift with Honor within 30 days of receiving a vaccine dose
The choice of vaccine is entirely up to you. We will pay you the incentive regardless of which vaccine you choose.
To earn the payment send us proof of your vaccination to firstname.lastname@example.org. These payments will be seen in your paystub within two weeks of sending us your proof of vaccination. If your vaccination impacts your client schedule in any way, your performance will not be impacted negatively. Enabling you to get vaccinated is our top priority!
We will also ask you to sign an optional authorization form that we will provide to you when you send us your proof of vaccination. Signing this authorization will make you eligible for visits where proof of vaccination is required (e.g., facilities).